Vinegar and Dish Soap Fruit Fly Trap

Category Flies
This is a guide about vinegar and dish soap fruit fly trap. A simple effective fruit fly trap can be made with apple cider vinegar and a few drops of dish soap.

I absolutely hate fruit flies! This trap is very easy to make and works really well. I always have this trap set up on the counter, so an infestation never has a chance to take hold. :)

Total Time: 5 minutes

• red wine vinegar
  • Dawn dish soap
  • plastic wrap
  • rubber band
  • toothpick
  • clear jar

1. Put 3-4 drops of Dawn soap into the bottom of the jar.
  2. Pour 6 Tbsp. of red wine vinegar into the jar (or enough to fill it about 1/4 in.).
  3. Gently swirl the jar around to combine the ingredients.
  4. Ad

5. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the jar and pull it tight across the top. Secure it with a rubber band. Trim off any excess plastic.
  6. Using a toothpick, poke holes into the plastic so the flies can get in.
  7. Ad

8. Place your trap near any fruit you have out on the counter. Goodbye fruit flies!

NOTE: I change out my mixture about every 2 weeks, more often if I am catching a lot of fruit flies.

Videos

I absolutely hate fruit flies! This trap is very easy to make and works really well. I always have this trap set up on the counter, so an infestation never has a chance to take hold. View the full project here: Fruit Fly Trap

To get rid of fruit flies I pour apple cider vinegar with a couple drops of dish detergent into a small container. Then set it where you see the flies, and they will be gone in no time.

By Susie from Norfolk, VA