Vinegar and Dish Soap Fruit Fly Trap
This is a guide about vinegar and dish soap fruit fly trap
. A simple effective fruit fly trap can be made with apple cider vinegar and a few drops of dish soap.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I absolutely hate fruit flies! This trap is very easy to make and works really well. I always have this trap set up on the counter, so an infestation never has a chance to take hold. :)
Total Time: 5 minutes
- red wine vinegar
- Dawn dish soap
- plastic wrap
- rubber band
- clear jar
- Put 3-4 drops of Dawn soap into the bottom of the jar.
- Pour 6 Tbsp. of red wine vinegar into the jar (or enough to fill it about 1/4 in.).
- Gently swirl the jar around to combine the ingredients.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over the jar and pull it tight across the top. Secure it with a rubber band. Trim off any excess plastic.
- Using a toothpick, poke holes into the plastic so the flies can get in.
- Place your trap near any fruit you have out on the counter. Goodbye fruit flies!
NOTE: I change out my mixture about every 2 weeks, more often if I am catching a lot of fruit flies.
May 7, 20132 found this helpful
I absolutely hate fruit flies! This trap is very easy to make and works really well. I always have this trap set up on the counter, so an infestation never has a chance to take hold. View the full project here: Fruit Fly Trap
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
August 16, 20100 found this helpful
To get rid of fruit flies I pour apple cider vinegar with a couple drops of dish detergent into a small container. Then set it where you see the flies, and they will be gone in no time.
By Susie from Norfolk, VA
In These Guides