Rust Stains on Marble

I have a marble slab in my shower that I kept shampoo, shaving cream and other things on. The problem is the metal cans have left rust stains on the marble. Can someone please tell me how to get the stains out? Desperately needing help.

Angelheart from Clyde, TX

I removed yrs. of dirt from the marble piece on the floor in my bathroom doorway with that new Magic Pad from Mr. Clean. Maybe it would get the rust off.

Marble is very delicate. Don't use any bleach, vinegar or citrus products on it. The magic eraser might be the best because it is slightly abrasive without any chemicals that might harm it.

Susan from ThriftyFun

baltimore city is famous for its marble steps. the ladies used to clean them every day. they used bleach. it isnt like you could ruin it more.

I have used a regular green scrubbing pad that you can buy to clean your dishes. Just buff as hard as you dare with the dampened cleaner and the stains will be removed. Do not press too hard though, as you may scratch the marble.

Home and Garden Cleaning RustAugust 22, 2006
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Closeup of pink marble slab.
Removing Stains from Marble