Instead of the traditional Valentine cards for mom, dad, a grandparent or friend, make special banners to send your message.
Crafting Time: 20 - 30 minutes
What You Need:
- red or pink crepe paper streamer
- cellophane tape
- red, pink, and white construction paper
- Cut an 18" length of crepe paper streamer and a length of yarn for each banner. Knot the yarn ends together to make a hanger.
- To attach the hanger, place a yarn loop at one end of a streamer, fold the top of the streamer down over one section of the yarn loop, and tape the top to the back of the streamer.
- Cut the opposite end of the streamer into points to resemble ribbon.
- Draw and cut heart shapes, in various sizes from red, pink, and white construction paper.
- Write on three of your hearts. Write "I" on the first, "Love" on the second, and "You" on the third.
- Glue the hearts to the banner ribbons, spacing the hearts evenly.
- Glue additional hearts to the banners above and below the word hearts.
- Hearts may be decorated with marker before gluing. Other messages you might want to write: You're the best. You are great. Please be mine. I'm sure you can think of more.
- Cut a length of ribbon for each banner. Tie the ribbons into bows and glue a bow at the top of each banner.
By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL
January 25, 20070 found this helpful
Great idea! Thanks for the pix, too.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Article
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 14, 2017 at 10:20:19 AM on 10.0.0.251 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us