Turn A Photo Into A Window Outside

contest winner icon

This photo was taken in my in-law's back yard. My father-in-law would set there when he wanted to smoke. My mother-in-law wouldn't allow him to smoke inside. So these lawn chairs were a part of him.

After my in-laws passed on to a better world, my wife and I were visiting her brothers one day. While I was outside, I grabbed my camera and took a photo of the lawn chairs, then I made a frame out of old barn siding. The frame is made to look like a window. I mounted the photo of the lawn chairs in the frame. Now when you view the photo of the chairs, it looks like you are looking out the window

Hope you like it.

By John from Haysville, KS

Absolutely adorable! A nice memory and a very clever craft. Thanks for sharing - I may try that around my yard in the summer.

Thank you for sharing your lovely idea.

This would be a great idea if you have to live somewhere other than where you want (like Iraq). If you could make a photo of a favorite place and package it with a "frame", then send to a soldier to hang in their tent or "room", it would be such a nice thing to look at as they went to sleep.

This would also be good for college students or any military personnal who are missing a certain place. You wouldn't have to have people in the picture, just a place where they could remember earlier times.

Love this idea, thanks for sharing.

Wow, a neat idea........sure makes you think of growing up doesn't it? Everyone had those old lawn chairs. Very well done John!

this is so awesome!thanx for sharing!

So sweet..and a great colorful shot. Thank you for sharing that!

I Love this idea! What a gift it would make!!

Harlean from Arkansas

When I first looked at it (before I read the article) I thought it was a window you took a picture of. You accomplished what you wanted.

How cute is that? OMG. I love it !

What an awesome idea! Those of us who aren't good at woodworking could probably use a shadowbox frame and stain it. I think you can get them at Michael's or other craft stores. I just love this idea. Thanks for sharing.

very very clever !

My girlfriend did something very similar, but they took a 2nd photo of her grandfather before he passed away. They incorporated the two photos to make the window.

Now that's about the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. Good job well done I'm really going to do this one. Thanks

What a wonderful way to think pleasant thoughts of a loved one!

What a wonderful window on a world that used to be, and what precious memories it must evoke of those gone on. Blessings.

What a great idea! A great way to remember good memories. Thanks so much for sharing!

Wonderful idea that brings back good memories. Love it!!

What a great way to keep your memories close to you I wish I had that idea in my heads after my parents passed & we sold their home. Thank you so much for sharing.

Take care Coreen

Photo in Flower Frog
Displaying Photos
Photos FramingDecember 27, 2007
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
🎉
🎄