Frame Giftbags for Wall Art

Gift bags are sometimes great for framing. You can receive them with gifts inside, or can buy them at your local dollar store. Some are very pretty and can be matted and framed with an old frame you might have around the house. You probably already know about using pages from old calendars too. I recently saw a gorgeous tissue box at a friend's and asked her to save the box for me when it's empty. They can be cut and framed too. Sometimes they are a scene, sometimes just a pattern. I've got framed things like that all around my house and always get compliments.

By dusty6788 from Silver Spring, MD

I also have used the tops of British biscuit tins that have art on them as wall art. The tin is great to put up in the bathroom, as it is indestructible. I imagine that you could easily decoupage images cut from magazines, etc. onto the top of a tin (using a combination of watered down white glue as a decoupage fixer. Another way is to carefully cover a picture with clear contact paper. (If the image is on flimsier paper, you should probably glue it to a cardboard backing first.)

Good idea and you can use them as framing mats for photos too. ;-)

I framed a beautiful picture of a calendar of roses in a frame for my bedroom. I use it as a tray on my bureau.

I do similar with those beautiful scenery Christamas cards. I have also been collecting floral greeting cards and plan to frame them and make a collage in my bathroom.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Trash to TreasureAugust 20, 2010
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
🎄