Frugal Spray For Flying Pests

Spray flying pests with a solution of 1/3 rubbing alcohol, 1/3 vinegar and 1/3 water. This is the same solution I use to clean my hard floors. Spraying flying creatures with windex or hairspray also works.

By Lynn

June 3, 2011 Flag

I have been using spray bottles with plain water; water and vinegar; or water and dish soap to spray on these winged flies, bees, etc. in the house. I use the spray to drop them and then go in for the kill.

They can't fly with wet wings. No more fly swatters and guts in my house. Spray, drop, and wipe up. Done. I'll wipe the windows, etc. down afterward.

Good deal. Get to spot clean at the same time.

By ccgl from PA

Brilliant! I'm always doing battle with some kind of bug in my old house. Lately it's spiders on the ceiling where I can't reach them (and usually at bedtime, eewww). Do you think this would work with spiders? I'm always afraid I'll knock them off the ceiling and then won't be able to find them (can't sleep til I do).

Thanks for a great idea. I hate the fly swatter squish.

Sounds great, and a lot more sanitary!

Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsJanuary 2, 2005
Recycled Bird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder Ideas
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants