PotatoesRecipes

Sweet Potato Ponde

I am looking for a recipe. It was called a Sweet Potato Ponde and it was grated sweet potatoes and I don't know what else to put in it so if any one has that recipe please let me know.

Mary from Winterville, GA

Here's one recipe for Sweet Potato Pones and you can find others doing a google search. I like putting pecans in mine and there are other variations of this recipe. I'm sure you'll find one you like best.

http://cheftami  potato-pone.html

The only thing I make with grated sweet potatoes is Potato Pudding. This is an old, old recipe, so when it comes to cooking in a slow oven, you will have to determine which low temp. to cook it. It needs to cook long enough for the eggs to cook. Hope this is what you wanted. Recipe follows:

Sweet Potato Pudding

4 large sweet potatoes, grated

2 cups sugar

1 3/4 stick margarine

3 eggs

2 Tablespoons vanilla flavoring

Enough Carnation milk until it looks like cornbread. Use more than 1 small can. Cook in a slow oven until done.