Preventing Mildew In The Bathroom

I have heard if you stash a few pieces of charcoal in a corner or two in the bathroom it would absorb moisture and discourage mold. I have used Damp-rid before but it gets too expensive. Has anyone ever tried this or know of any other things to try that are cheap?

Stephanie

If there is a certain spot that you are concerned about, you could spray the area weekly with vinegar. You don't have to wipe it up, I've never had any problems with straight vinegar damaging surfaces.

If you have a serious dampness problem, I can't imagine a few pieces of charcoal will solve the problem. You probably need to investigate the source of the water. Is the shower water getting out during a shower? How? Can you stop it from escaping or can you wipe it up right away? Does the moisture from bathing stay in the air? Open a window or make sure you leave the exhaust fan on long enough (or replace it if it is ineffective). If the sink or toilet is leaking, fix it to save water and to avoid water damage.

I have a really bad problem with moisture too. the shower,tub and toilet area is seperated from the sinks and my washer and dryer. it is so bad that the celing was molded. I have a fan that sucks the air to the out side but oviously it is not enough. I sprayed stuff on the celing to get rid of the mold but i think all it did was cover it up. i may end up replaceing the whole celing. i hope your problem is not as bad as mine i feel for you and i hope there is something or someone out there that can help.

I live in an OLD house, we tore out the celing tile. There's wood underneith. I want to paint the wood, but got to clean the mold off first. I can think of a lot of way's, all are very messy. Any one know how I can get it done with out a lot of mess ?

Pat

If you use rubber mats in tub or shower, be sure to pick them after each use and don't put them back until ready for use. This is my main focus and it is probably the main culprit. Good luck

brucesag450

I have a friend who is an FBI agent and she told me they use charcoal to stuff dead bodies to absorb the odor well they are finished investigating.

Mold and Mildew in Corner
Preventing Mildew
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJanuary 5, 2005
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Removing Mildew From Tiles
Removing Mildew From Tiles
🎉
🎄