Refinishing a Bird Cage

Whether trying to refinish a bargain cage picked up at a sale or refurbishing your feathered friend's current digs, this is an easy DIY project. This is a guide about refinishing a bird cage.

An old bird cage.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Photo of a bird cage in need of refinishing.I have a bird cage that my feathered friend has removed most of the painted from. Is there a safe and inexpensive DIY way to refinish the cage? New cages for that size bird are over $200 new and the cage itself is still in good condition just the finish is damaged. I don't care so much about looks but the exposed metal gets rusted and I'm sure that using her beak on the metal can't be healthy for my bird.

By chriself from Williamstown, NJ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think the idea of asking a vet is an excellent one. They certainly should know more than we do!

Read More Answers...

Hi, I am building a large bird cage for my pet birds and need help. I am not using chicken wire but stronger fencing and I am wondering if any one would know if stores sell the plastic coating that normal bird cages have? Do they sell a spray paint that I can spray on fencing? I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing but I'm going for it anyway.

Thanks, Lu-Lu

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The only safe paint would be powder coating applied by a professional.

Read More Answers...
Pets BirdsFebruary 24, 2012
looking down into potato cage with new growth
Building a Potato Cage
ferrets in their hammock
Setting Up a Ferret Cage
Yellow birds in a cage.
Keeping a Bird Cage Clean
Litter Training a Hamster
Litter Training a Hamster
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 12:51:37 PM on 10.0.1.244 in 566 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.