Saving Money on Bird Cages
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 107 Posts
January 10, 2012
Finding bird cages at affordable prices can sometimes be difficult. You can save money on bird cages in several ways.
- Look for used bird cages at yard sales. If the sale happens to be a moving sale, you can often negotiate a good deal on a cage they don't want to take with them or have to dispose of after the sale.
- Check thrift stores and consignment shops regularly for bird cages. Leave your name and number at various stores and request that they notify you when a cage is donated.
- Bird breeders who are downsizing their breeding stock or going out of the breeding business may have used cages available.
- Speak with the owner of a local pet store about the possibility of buying a slightly damaged cage. Pet stores won't put cages on display to sell that have a slight chip on the outside of the tray or some other small flaw. You might discover they have several cages stored in a back room that they will sell cheap.
- Check online classified ads and auction sites for good prices on bird cages.
- Look for discontinued designs or clearance priced cages at pet stores and at online pet supply sites.
Any time you purchase a used bird cage, do not put your bird in that cage until you have thoroughly cleaned the cage and any accessories or toys that came with the cage.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.