Homemade Rabbit Cages

Category Cages
You can save money and create the exact home for your rabbits that your want, by building your own. This is a guide about homemade rabbit cages.

The best homemade rabbit cages are built of welded wire. Wire cages are more durable than wooden cages and are less expensive in the long run. Wire cages reduce the incidence of disease because they are easier to clean and disinfect.

*sigh*

I'd never recommend a cage like this unless you were raising rabbits for meat. This cage is so small for a pet rabbit. You can have a bunny free in the house trained to use a litter box like a cat. My rabbit is free like this. Bunnies have so much personality and they are such social creatures. You can create a large cage quite cheaply with NIC cubes and cable ties.

Here is an excellent website about pet rabbits with tons of information including cages and litter training. called The House Rabbit Society http://www.rabbit.org

bunny lover.

Thanks for the feedback. You are right, that is not a very good cage for a pet rabbit, I should have looked at it more closely. I encourage people to check out http://www.rabbit.org as well.

Here is what they say about cage size:

What size cage is best?
Bigger is better! A cage should be at least 4 times the size of your bunny--more if he is confined for a large amount of the day. You can build or buy your rabbit a two-storey "condo" with the floors connected by a ramp--they love this

http://www.rabb  ousing.html#size

"How do I make a rabbit cage for two rabbits......i need to cage..2 rabbits and 1 will be a female the next a male....please help!! I also want to have the cage be an outdoor cage...its going in my barn..."

I have two rats. Their cage is too small, and they are growing rapidly. I have heard that for rats, bigger is better. Unfortunately, the giant rat cages are just a wee but expensive. Do you have any ideas, or ways for me to build my own?