Stains on Clothing from Dye Transferring in the Wash

For Christmas my husband bought me a red vest with off-white fleece lining. I washed it on gentle, cold water with vinegar, and it still ran. I didn't dry it. Any suggestions on how to remove the light pink tint?

By Dee from Pennsylvania

Try Rit Dye's color remover.

http://www.ritd  28.51.7.49.lasso

January 12, 2010 Flag

Mixed color fabrics were stained by bleeding from a checkered table cloth during its first wash. I caught this happening and immediately removed the table cloth. I rinsed the clothing that was affected. I used two scoops of Oxiclean. I was afraid of making it worse, so I stopped to do some internet research. What should I do?

By Naildoc47 from Sacramento,CA

Answers:

I have a very messy daughter who stains every top she wears. I have used the Oxi-clean versatile brand and mixed it in my sink, or for longer soaking I mixed it in a bucket. I used two scoops along with my regular detergent in hot water and soaked the clothes overnight. I then scrubbed with a toothbrush or laundry brush and rewashed. The stains come out every time.

I have used it on laundry such as yours where colors bled and had the same results. If you have a top load washer and can soak the whole load overnight and rewash, it should clean right up. It has never faded my clothes and has even gotten out old mud stains on clothes I bought at rummages. Oxi-Clean is the best for all kinds of stains. Good Luck (11/08/2009)

By renee5774

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 15, 2009 Flag

I washed a red and white dress. The red bled on the white. How can I get the white back to white?

By sandi29803 from Aiken, SC

Answers:

You could try to rewash the dress and use a product called Color Catcher made by Shout. It collects extra dye in the wash. It would have prevented the bleeding, just don't know if it's going to help now, but it's a product that I always have on hand and you can reuse the sheets several times over. (06/26/2009)

By kghsave

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 5, 2007 Flag

I accidentally dyed my husbands pants by washing them with a green blanket. How do I get the green stain out of beige pants?

Susie from Sacramento

Answers:

Try using hydrogen peroxide I did the same thing with my sons khakis but with red fading. Good Luck to us all. (12/18/2006)

By Nalah

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 12, 2010
Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Removing Dye Transfers from Clothing
Getting Dye Out of Clothing
Getting Dye Out of Clothing
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 11:33:28 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.