Go Diego Go Birthday Party Ideas

I am having a Go Diego Go Birthday Party for my son's 6th birthday. He has invited 25 children (he didn't want to leave any of his class mates out) so I am having it in a local gym. I am wondering if anybody has ANY ideas for this... maybe some suggestions for games, food, etc.?

Mel from Nova Scotia, Canada

Making ice cream cone cupcakes are always a big hit with that age group. Fill the flat bottomed cones just over half full with any boxed cake mix batter. I use an oblong cake pan to stand them in. Bake and you can take them unfrosted to the gym and let the kids "frost" their own by having a bowl of whipped cream ( Cool Whip works ) or soft butter cream frosting for them to twirl the cones in. ONE per child. You are a brave soul to have that many children to watch...Have some adult helpers go with you. Good Luck, GG Vi

I almost had a Diego party, but my son decided to go with a pirate theme.

I suggest watching a couple shows to see what Diego does. He does something with animals every show--it's educational. His parents are animal rescuers, I think. Perhaps, you could have someone come speak to them about some animals and maybe bring some animals.

Perhaps an obstacle course to "rescue an animal".

Food could be fruits, nuts, etc., but don't forget cake.

Orientaltrading.com is the place to order party supplies from.

Kids love pinatas--maybe a monkey pinata.

If I think of more, I'll post again.

Obstacle course, 3-legged sack race, frisbee (your collection of plastic lids work great) several 6' cotton ropes so they can play horse games or jump rope. A craft project. General pandemonium seemed to work best when I had PE for 1-6th grades, ropes/lids/balls/chalk/ you get the idea. Dodgeball was a huge hit. Kickball is great (baseball using a kickball instead of batting). A video of course, in the corner for the quieter kids or all the kids after they are worn out. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback! I am not brave.. I'm terrified!! I only have 4 more days of preperation... and I'm not quite there yet... I still need so much more... ahhhhh!!!!!!!:)

NickJr.com has a bunch of really neat party ideas for a Diego theme. Check-it-out.

I want to make an outfit for myself to dress like Diego for the kids to take pictures but the only problem I have, I can't find fabric that has Diego's face large enough on it to fit my head. Would anyone have any idea where I can find fabric with his face large enough to fit my head. Thanks, Could you email me @ wattonc AT hotmail.com

If you are in memphis or any of the surrounding areas you can rent explorer boy out from creations inspired by the creator. They have all the popular character mascots and they do a really good job. They are reasonable and it will be well worth the money and the children love it. The mascots are the realest look I have ever seen. check them out www.inspiredby-thecreator.org or call

901 870-3283

Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesMay 31, 2007
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas