BathroomHome Improvement

Rusty Sink Drain

How do you get rid of rust in the metal part of the sink drain?

By Bay from Springfield, MA

Answers

February 6, 2011 Flag

At the bottom of my bathroom sink, around the silver, is rust. Why? How do I remove it?

By Dotkatt2 from DeForest, Wi

Answers:

Rusty Sink Drain

Get yourself a pumice stone which you can buy usually in Walmart, because I have gotten one there. That should work really good along with some elbow grease.

Barb from Birchwood, WI (04/04/2009)

By bcccool

Rusty Sink Drain

You could plug the drain, and pour a puddle of CLR cleaner and leave it for a while, scrub with an old toothbrush and rinse. My water dispenser tray on my fridge gets some dirty-looking stains, and that is the only thing that gets them off! (04/05/2009)

By Mary T

Rusty Sink Drain

Buy a small bottle of "WHINK"! It works instantly without harming the surface. You can find it at some grocery stores, and almost every hardware store. I love it! (07/01/2010)

By Patty

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes