Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Uses for Air Pillows from Mailings

What do you do with those small "air pillows" you receive with items in the mail? I have a box full and no ideas. When someone asked what I was going to do with them, I thought of all of you right away. You are all very creative.

Thank you in advance.
Sandy

By Guest (Guest Post)07/24/2008

Great ideas here.
if you are moving you could use them to put between breakable things to help keep from breaking. Or if you need to storage things like pictures, mirrors, etc.

RE: Uses for Air Pillows from Mailings

By gator10tx (Guest Post)05/06/2005

Air pillows are great for wrapping presents and other things to be mailed.

By Missy03/24/2005

I cut one end off and use as baggies to store non-food items.

By Lisa Brown [1]03/21/2005

They make great indoor balls for the kids to kick around. Back support in the car on long trips.

By mary [1]03/21/2005

If they are clear, you can use them as mini greenhouse covers when you set your seedlings outside. Also, they work as anchors in a cooler if you have a dish that needs steadied.

By Maribelle (Guest Post)03/21/2005

I've used them for back support on my chair at work. You could probably dress them up in a pillowcase, but I never did.

By Melanie (Guest Post)03/21/2005

Creative Memories consultants use them as their trash bags at scrapbooking crops, they use them instead of buying brown paper bags. Whatever you use lunch size paper bags for, you could use these.
melanie

By Ronsan (Guest Post)03/17/2005

Until you find a use for them yourself, you might consider finding someone who sells on e-Bay and give them to that person to use for mailing items. I give a friend of mine the air pillows and she is delighted to have them as some items she sells are very delicate and require several types of packing to insure safe delivery.