Virginia Vacation Ideas

My husband and I are wanting to go to Virginia for a vacation. Can anyone tell me the best places to visit while I am there? We will be driving from TN and will have a week off work. This will be our first visit.

Thanks.
Glo781 from TN

Hi Glo, Williamsburg is a nice place to visit. You have tons of shopping, dining, history, and entertainment, & Busch Gardens

Natural Bridge. It's beautiful! They have Caverns, a Wax Museum and a Monster Museum. Here's their website: http://www.naturalbridgeva.com/

Enjoy!

Hey I live in Virginia And if you have time check out Mabry Mill in Patrick County it's on the blue ridge parkway. We also have the Wood Brothers Racing Team Museum in Patrick. Check out

www.patrickchamber.com

There is some nice historical attractions in VA....Monticello is Jefferson's home in Charlottesville, I believe then Fredricksburg, Williamsburg, York Town, I believe that Great Wolf Lodge has opened a waterpark resort in Williamsburg. The Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenendoah park are nice for site-seeing. We haven't been since the 80's but had a very good time then and there's beautiful scenery, lots of history. It just depends on where at in the state you are planning to go. Look for info online.

Hi. My family just recently moved from Richmond, Va after living there for 16 years. I agree with some of the other comments. Abingdon is a great historical town and is on 81. I would go to Charlottesville and see Montecello and The Universityof Virginia. The grounds of UVA are beautiful. Also, Williamsburg is wonderful. There many worthwhile attractions to visit. Hope you have fun.

Hi! We live in VA an If you're coming up I81, Staunton has a Frontier Museum. It is a restored farm as it was in pioneer days. Also there is New Market, it has a lot of Civil War stuff. the battle re-enactment is May 20, so if you are here then, that might be interesting. There is also Luray Caverns and Skyline Drive. The Massanutten Ski resort has just opened a water park. There's lots of stuff in VA that you will probably notice on the interstate.

Travel and Recreation TravelMarch 20, 2006
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Virginia Christmas Charities
An aerial photo of Disneyland.
Saving Money on a Disney Vacation
Saving Money a Ski Vacation, Sisters on Ski Vacation
Saving Money a Ski Vacation
West Virginia Christmas Charities
🎄