SceneryPhotos

Fall at Mabry Mill, VA

Photo Description
I took this photo on 10-24-07. It was a rainy day and it has turned out to be the best shot I have gotten of this beautiful place. I think it's due to it being a cloudy day.

Mabry Mill is a fun place to visit and they also have a restaurant located there. The address is 266 Mabry Mill Rd SE, Meadows of Dan, Va.

When I get in the fall mood, I set this photo on my computer for a desktop background. I enjoy looking at it and I hope you do too.

Photo Location
Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia.

It is a beautiful picture. Very professional looking. Thank you for sharing, LG.

Meadows Of Dan. Isn't that a beautiful name for a city? It sounds so peaceful. I wonder how it got its name.

My Mother and Father were married in Danville. That, along with you bringing Meadows Of Dan to my mind again, not to mention The Dan River, makes me want to do a bit of research. I will. This 'Dan' fella must have been an important, well liked person.

Reply Like this photo? 2

That is seriously a beautiful picture you took. What a beautiful place, and to be right there, that must of been such a lovely day.

Reply Like this photo? 1

Actually, it was rainy that day but still beautiful with all the bright colored leaves. We enjoy going there and always take a picnic lunch with us.

Just a mile or so North of the mill on the parkway is a park with picnic tables. You can tell by this picture, taken in 2008, why it's called Rocky Knob. Lots of big beautiful rocks.

Reply Like this photo? 1

littergitter,

Thank you so much for sharing this other picture-it's a beautiful picture too.

That sure is the "dream picnic" spot! :)

Reply Like this photo? 1

lovely - the rainy day probably helped diffuse the light. Very similar to much of the countryside here in the UK

Reply Like this photo? 1

Photos SceneryNovember 6, 2018
🌻
🎂
📓