Dog Nibbles on Us

Our two year old dog nibbles on us after he licks us. He also nibbles strangers, but he never bites them. He is half Weimaraner and half Hound. He is a bit of a scaredy cat.Our little Chihuahua is his boss. Thanks.

By tallblondenurse from Troy, MT

My dog nibbles on me to get my attention. I use plain water in a spray bottle & zap him with it. He is nearly broken of the habit.

We have a 4 year old Doberman who does this. It's his way of showing his love. It's just little pinches. He has done this since he was a pup.

I had a dog who gave me or my daughter a little nibble on our hand when we were walking him on a leash. I agree with Pepsi Gal "his way of showing his love".

I have a 5 month Pomeranian and he also nips at our hands and jumps on our face. I am trying to break the habit of nipping at the face. In truth I feel that he is just being loving as when he is calm he just licks.

The nipping is usually when we have been away for an hour or two and he has not seen us. Also almost all of it is during his play sessions.

He has a very strict routine of play and sleep. When he has just woken from sleep or is ready for his bed, he just licks or cuddles up.

Very quick to learn with treats, but I guess he is still a baby.

I love him more than words can say.

Thanks for this tip Mulberry, will try it.

Pets Dogs AdviceJuly 13, 2009
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
A happy dog standing up.
Training a Dog to Stop Mounting (Humping) People
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
🎉
🎄