Label Sewing Patterns with Specific Size Information

I make a lot of clothes and swimsuits for my three girls. I use many multi-size patterns. I trace the patterns in the size I need onto other paper. I have found it extremely helpful to label these papers with my daughters' names, the year I made that size, and my daughters' measurements.

Fitting swimsuits is very difficult, and this has made my life much easier. All I have to do is get last year's pattern out, compare measurements, and go from there. I find that many times I only have to adjust for one or two of the measurements. Of course, sometimes I have to start with a completely different size. It always helps to know what I did last year though.

By Mary from Montrose, SD

A sewing room garbage can by tying a bag to the table leg.
Sewing Tips and Tricks
Crafts SewingJuly 12, 2011
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
sewing machine
Sewing Vinyl
Some sewing machine needles on a white background.
Discarding Used Sewing Machine Needles
Using Sewing Machine
Tips for Using Sewing Patterns
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 4:36:40 PM on 10.0.1.122 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.