Label Sewing Patterns with Specific Size Information

I make a lot of clothes and swimsuits for my three girls. I use many multi-size patterns. I trace the patterns in the size I need onto other paper. I have found it extremely helpful to label these papers with my daughters' names, the year I made that size, and my daughters' measurements.

Fitting swimsuits is very difficult, and this has made my life much easier. All I have to do is get last year's pattern out, compare measurements, and go from there. I find that many times I only have to adjust for one or two of the measurements. Of course, sometimes I have to start with a completely different size. It always helps to know what I did last year though.

By Mary from Montrose, SD