Cleaning Burnt Calphalon Pans

How do I get rid of grease that's burned on the outside of my Calphalon skillets? I've tried SOS pads, but no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Ellen from Holden, MO

You can use Bon Ami or Barkeeper's Friend. Both are environmentally friendly and work very well at removing burnt on stains. Also both are recommended by Calphalon. Good luck!

We just had something similar happen to our calphalon pot. I poured enough white distilled vinegar to cover the bottom and left it over night. The black areas came up without much effort. It looks great now.

I have a pan that I burned beets in. I have tried SOS and boiling with dish washing liquid to no avail. Please help anyone.

Cascade complete for dishwashers. Add a little to pan full of water and let soak overnight. burnt anything will come right off. Do not scrub! works incredibly well especially on corning ware.

November 14, 2008 Flag

My husband fell asleep while cooking some green beans in my calphalon pan. You can see burned outlines of the green beans. I don't know what to use that won't harm my pans.

Sandy GTH from Humble, TX

Answers:

Cleaning Burnt Calphalon Pans

I would write to the company and ask, just to be on the safe side. I'm assuming those pans are expensive. I had some burnt on food on the outside of an older non-stick pan and I was able to remove with a Magic Eraser; however, I don't know if you should use it on your pan. Perhaps write to Mr Clean to ask if you could.

Also, you could try making a paste of baking soda and warm water and see if that might work. Use a non-abrasive scrubber, like a Dobie pad. Sorry I don't have any more advice. I just think contacting the company that makes your pans would be the best advice I could give. (08/20/2006)

By Debbie52

Cleaning Burnt Calphalon Pans

Straight from Calphalon:

http://www.calphalon.com/calphalon/consumer/jhtml/infusedAnodized.jhtml

If the pans are anodized aluminum? DO NOT USE
Oven cleaners or other caustic cleaning solutions, baking soda, automatic dishwasher detergent, liquid bleach, liquid household cleaners used for walls, floors, porcelain, etc.

For stubborn burnt-on spots, allow your pan to cool then soak in hot, soapy water for 10 minutes. Burnt-on foods will lift off after soaking.

(08/21/2006)

By caraing

Cleaning Burnt Calphalon Pans

One thing I always try is just a small squirt (or a pump of the dawn foam) of dawn and water in the pan. Put it back on the stove and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes. A lot of times that will work. My sister in law was going to throw pans away and I saved an entire set for her. (09/05/2006)

By nikki

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesNovember 14, 2008
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎉
🎄