Browsing: Alternative Uses for Elmer's Glue

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

You're going to think I'm crazy, but this idea really works for beautiful skin! Take plain Elmer's glue (you can buy it at Walmart) and rub it all over your face. Keep away from eyes and mouth. Let dry completely. Gently pull off all of the glue OR use a warm wash cloth and gently scrub it free from your skin. Your skin will feel so soft. Do once or twice a week.

By Jaci from SW MO

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I've done this too. But be advised :), that it can also pull out some fine hairs.

Don't know why I never thought of this! You're right, good old (cheap) Elmer's makes a great facial peel. I've never tried it on my face, but I remember its non-toxicity from earliest childhood. Needless to say, I've peeled dead skin from my fingers this way more than once, lol!

March 15, 2011 Flag

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I saw this on T.V. a couple weeks ago, can't remember where I saw it, but I thought it was interesting.

Us women are always looking for a good face mask, well we all know there are a million types out there and they are not always a reasonable price. Well here is one that is cheap and I assume would do the same thing, clean out your pores. Open your craft closet and get out the Elmers Glue, yep glue. Spread it all over your face, wait for it to dry and then peel away. It does the same thing those expensive facial masks do, right! It will not hurt you, I tried it, so give it a try. We all have Elmers Glue laying around.

By Jackie from Orlando, Florida

Answers:

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

I used to put this on my hands as a kid so it felt like I was peeling my skin off, so I know it can't hurt. Makes sense to me! (08/26/2008)

By Poor But Proud

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

I did this only once and it hurt a lot! I must have microscopic hairs that I can't see. The glue pulled them out when it dried. (08/26/2008)

By Pam

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

Wow! That's a great tip. I also used to have fun pulling it off of my hands when I was little!
The great thing about it is that it's on sale here now at Staples (I stocked up with 4 bottles) for .18!
Thanks! (08/26/2008)

By melody_yesterday

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

I'm not so sure it'd be safe to put so many chemicals all over your face. It's one thing if the stuff gets stuck on your hands, but smearing so much glue on the sensitive skin of the face.? Uh-uh.

Egg whites make a great face mask, without the chemicals. Just smear them on, let 'em dry, then wash the dried mask off with a wet washcloth. :-) (08/26/2008)

By WildIrish

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

It hurts when pulling on hairs and there is no way it can be good for skin. It is glue after all, not Olay face mask. Try using honey or egg whites. (10/15/2008)

By boomboomkitty

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

This is crazy! There's probably weird chemicals in the glue. Why would you put it on your face? (12/17/2008)

By Dani

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

This actually works because glue is a byproduct of collagen. Collagen consists of fibrous tissues and proteins from animal biproducts. Gross, I know. But what do you think you are injecting in your face. Try Gelatin masks too, this also has collagen in it (12/09/2009)

By lindseylanay

Elmer's Glue Bottle
Alternative Uses for Elmer's Glue
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FaceMarch 15, 2011
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
pink satin sleep mask
Homemade Sleeping Mask
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 4:27:32 AM on 10.0.2.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.