Restoring a Wedding Bouquet

Does anyone know how to restore a wedding bouquet? it's 40 years old with red cloth roses, little crushed ribbon that have yellowed and leaves falling off. it's a little rough. Any ideas on how to give the flowers life and take yellow out of white ribbon?

Betty

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Why would you want to restore it? If this were my wedding bouquet I'd buy a clear glass or plastic box to put it in and keep it forever, or better still a small MEMORY BOX with little momento, napkin, etc from my wedding. In my glass covered memory box I have things from my Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary and even dried roses from their funerals.To change the origional bouquet would defeat the purpose ok keeping it.

If you have a little travel clothes steamer, you could steam it up a bit and try to reshape the bouquet back the way it was. About the yellowing, I really wouldn't worry about it. It is old, after all. Try to get it back in its best shape without changing it and then put it into a clear box like MamawKC says.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Answer

Crafts FloralApril 20, 2005
Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet
Making a Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Bouquet of sunflowers.
Making a Sunflower Wedding Bouquet
Wedding Dress Sale square
Saving Money on a Wedding Dress
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 5:49:10 PM on 10.0.1.97 in 797 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.