Restoring a Wedding Bouquet

Does anyone know how to restore a wedding bouquet? it's 40 years old with red cloth roses, little crushed ribbon that have yellowed and leaves falling off. it's a little rough. Any ideas on how to give the flowers life and take yellow out of white ribbon?

Why would you want to restore it? If this were my wedding bouquet I'd buy a clear glass or plastic box to put it in and keep it forever, or better still a small MEMORY BOX with little momento, napkin, etc from my wedding. In my glass covered memory box I have things from my Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary and even dried roses from their funerals.To change the origional bouquet would defeat the purpose ok keeping it.

If you have a little travel clothes steamer, you could steam it up a bit and try to reshape the bouquet back the way it was. About the yellowing, I really wouldn't worry about it. It is old, after all. Try to get it back in its best shape without changing it and then put it into a clear box like MamawKC says.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Crafts FloralApril 20, 2005
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet
Making a Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Bouquet of sunflowers.
Making a Sunflower Wedding Bouquet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 9:07:06 PM on in 930 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.