Malcolm (Pit Bull)

This is Malcolm. We think he is 5 years old and a Pit Bull/Black Lab and Catahoula Leopard dog mix. In Nov 2005, I had to put my dog Springs down after a great 16 years with him. My husband and I were sad but we knew the time would come that we would add another dog to our lives.

In my teenage years, I would help rescue groups out with their dogs, holding them at adoption fairs. It was there I fell in love with the Pit Bull. I knew when Springs died, I wanted to rescue a Pit Bull.

In March 2006 I went looking on petfinder.com for a Pit Bull. It was there I saw Malcolm. We went to the local pound where Malcolm was and looked at him and the other dogs. My husband wanted another dog but the dog he wanted had a note saying his owner was going to pick him up the next day. We took Malcolm out and took him outside. We talked about it and it took us about 15 minutes and we adopted Malcolm.

We found out he was found in the woods a few months before and brought to the animal pound. He was up for adoption for months before we adopted him. We also found out he was going to be put down in a couple of days because no one wanted him because he was part pit bull.

He likes to play with his brother Casey. He really likes going to the vet and meeting new people there. He also like going for rides and going to the park. We want people to know that not all pit or pit bull mixes are mean. We go to the dog park and people leave once they find out Malcolm is part pit. We love our dogs no matter what kind they are. Both of our dogs are black dogs. We love them just the same

By Jennifer from Springfield, IL

We have a Pit mix (with boxer, I think), that we took in off the street and never found his owner. He is such a marshmallow! My daughter takes him for walks and the two little yappy chiwauwas (darn, I was once a great speller) down the street put him in full retreat every time, so much so, that he wraps the leash around my daughters' legs. He is just so funny and so good with our other dogs and grandchildren. The vet said Pits have a much undeserved reputation.

Pit Bull
Pit Bull Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesApril 5, 2010
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Pit Bull Mix
Pit Bull Mix Photos
American Pit Bull Terrier
American Pit Bull Terrier Information and Photos
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
🎄