Stale Popcorn

Is there a way to refresh stale popcorn?

By Ray from Chicago, IL

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I would put it in the micro at a low power setting for about 2 min. Worth a try.

I was also going to say placing in the microwave but I would experiment with the amount of time so you don't burn the popcorn. In my microwave it would definitely be burned if I did it for two minutes. I refresh crackers and chips this way so it might work for popcorn too. :-)

Don't throw away your stale popcorn....save it using your oven!

1.Preheat the oven at 200 degrees F.

2.Spread the popcorn evenly on a baking sheet.

3.Put the baking sheet in the oven.

4.Set the timer for 5 minutes.

Check the popcorn to see if it is crisper and more palatable.

Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until the popcorn is to your liking.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

August 31, 2010 Flag

I purchased a few packets of pre-popped popcorn. Unfortunately, the bags are plastic and this has allowed the popcorn to go stale. Is there anyway to make it taste fresh and crisp again? I suppose the same answers could apply for stale biscuits, too.

Cathy from Townsville, Australia

Answers:

Stale Popcorn

Well, I wouldn't use the same method for trying to crisp the popcorn as I would stale biscuits. I'd preheat the oven to about 350 or 400 degrees (F) and place the popcorn on a cookie sheet. I'd put the popcorn in the oven and turn the oven "off" immediately, so as not to burn the popcorn. I'd leave it until it starts to cool down (check to make sure it's not burning) and then pull it out. That should take any moisture out of the popcorn and it should be much crisper.

I think a biscuit in the USA is probably different than a biscuit in AU. Do you mean a cookie type biscuit? If so, yes, I'd put those in a hot oven, also, for a few minutes. Our biscuits are more like a bread and in that case, you could spritz them with water, wrap them in tin foil and heat in the oven for several minutes to bring moistness back to the biscuit. (03/17/2006)

By Luvyabye

Popcorn in Blue Bowl
Making Popcorn Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesAugust 31, 2010
Popcorn Ceiling
Repairing a Hole in a Popcorn Ceiling
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Stale Bread
Freshening Stale Bread
Stale Coffee Beans
Uses for Stale Coffee
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 4:06:23 PM on 10.0.2.76 in 862 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.