Getting Rid of a Time-share

How can I get rid of my time-share without it costing me a bunch of money? It is a Wyndham with 126000 points available on the odd years. My husband and I enjoyed the accommodations, but he passed away almost 5 years ago and I neither want it, or need it now.

I am willing to give it away, but I don't want to pay the $2000+ that the companies want to charge me. I would like for the new owners to pay the cost of transferring the deed. The maintenance fees are $36 per month, but that is money down a rabbit hole because I'm not using it. Anyone know of a solution?

By Pat M.

Yes, put it for sale contingent of the buyer paying the $2000. If some one wants it badly enough they will pay it. Do not give it away but sell it cheap enough that the buyer will not mind paying the $2000.

Where are you getting your 2000.00 figure. You can sell it for what you want. Just find the clerk of court in whatever county your timeshare is in and find out how to transfer the deed to someone else. We did a 2 party transfer because the second party never got it transferred and it cost us about 65.00. We are now going to give it to my daughter and the only fees will be recording fees.

Call the time share company and find out what county it is in and what their deed transfer fee is. Sounds like someone is taking you for a ride.

(Best of luck.)

I had a similar problem with a piece of property my mom had. I found someone to give it to. Ask around at your church or club. Just put the word out. Or offer it as a prize at a charity auction. I think the $2000 is a fee to a reseller, correct? You could advertise it yourself the same places. I hope some folks thinking of buying a time share read this. I don't know anyone happy with the purchase after a few years.

Whatever you do don't pay the $2000. They won't have any motivation to sell it then. Those resell companies are shady.

My mother had a time share in TN and we all enjoyed it many years. When she died going on 4 yrs ago, none of her heirs wanted it. The maintenance fee was $500 a year and probably would go up. We asked around if someone wanted to buy it from us at a cheap price and no takers. We just let it go back to the time share company and there was no fees. Time shares are not the good deal that they were originally made out to be. Oh they're fine if you use them I suppose but if you've paid for it and own it which you really only own 1 week of the year and share that with 51 other people and then you think oh I can sell and make a profit.....well that ain't so. NO ONE wants to buy them. Just do a search on ebay for time share and you will see people trying desparately to unload them. I wanted to take it for my family of 4 to use but my husband was against it so that was that.

Timeshare Advice
Consumer Advice General AdviceMay 25, 2011
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
🎉
🎄