Hannah (Cockatoo)

Hannah is a 5 year old Lessor Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo I adopted from Avian Rescue. She loves to be with me, and ride on my shoulder; and she very frequently rides along with me in the car. She does not like to be left alone in a room, and she will let out an eardrum-splitting yell if I am gone too long and she thinks that I've forgotten her. She watches cartoons on the TV when I have to leave for a couple of hours.

She loves to help anyone eat whatever it is that they do or do not need help eating. In this picture, she is attempting to eat a rib bone. Hannah has abuse and neglect in her past, which causes her to pluck her feathers; she sometimes wears an acrylic collar to try to prevent her from doing this, but it doesn't help much, for Hannah is a very dedicated feather-plucker!

I feed her pelleted bird food, for optimal nutrition, as well as assorted vegetables and limited fruit. (fruit has sugar, which promotes yeast in birds, so I limit fruit.) We don't even notice the loss of feathers, until someone out in public will ask, "What's wrong with your bird?"

By One.of.a.kind

Awww this is awesome! I always love reading the posts from people that also have birds!

Awww, this is awesome! I always love reading the posts from people that also have birds!

God will bless you, one.of.a.kind for your loving heart. I wish there were more people like you in this world.

Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo
Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo Photos
Pets Pet PagesJune 14, 2010
Guide
Sulphur-crested Cockatoo
Cockatoo is Scratching Itself
🎄
🍂