Jam and JellyCanning

Blueberry Jam Turned Out Hard

I have just made my first attempt at blueberry jam, the old fashioned way without using pectin. It has gone so hard that I am thinking of reheating it and pouring it onto a baking sheet to make boiled sweets. What have I done wrong and is there anything I can do to rectify the problem so that I still have jam?

By Claire from Cornwall, England

Answers

Claire, if you lived closer, maybe your blueberry jam and mine could get together LOL, mine came out runny! I don't know how you would correct it. I guess I can correct mine but don't have the ambition. I think I will use mine on ice cream and pancakes.