Paint Color Advice to Coordinate With Black and Red Furniture

I painted the main wall a "warm caramel" and now I want to paint the rest of the house. I have black tables and a red sofa and a oversized chair. Any ideas?

By Carmen from Sugar Land, TX

You mentioned the "rest" of the house; is this in your front room area? Do you want your entire house to be the same color? If so: go with a neutral perhaps "sand" for the caramel perhaps; off white if always nice as well; I would go to the paint section of various stores: and choose which appeals to you personally; then take home and try next to the "wall" and try to envision what it would look like done in that color. The reason that I recommend you go to various stores, is that they carry different tints and colors. What you see in one store, will not be what you see in another! Get a good selection of choices, and then go with the one that you love the best. You will be living there! Good luck! (I am doing this same thing in my bedroom!) Have not come to a definite conclusion yet!

Go about 3 shades lighter on the other walls and maybe another shade of caramel on an accent wall where the tv or fire place are to emphasize the area. Don't forget wall paper is back in also, this would add some texture to the room also. Good luck!

Go about 3 shades lighter on the other walls and maybe another shade of caramel on an accent wall where the TV or fire place are to emphasize the area. Don't forget wall paper is back in also, this would add some texture to the room also. Good luck!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceSeptember 27, 2010
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 6:40:48 PM on 10.0.1.229 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.