Keeping Side Mirrors Clear of Ice

If you have those big rearview mirrors on your car or truck and you know an ice storm is coming, here's a cheap trick to keep them clean. Take two plastic grocery bags (one for each mirror) and two rubber bands and put the bags around the mirrors and secure them with the rubber band. It does not look great but it sure helps in the morning when it comes to cleaning the ice off the car or truck cause those mirrors are free and clear of ice!

By Debradj from Illinois

By Jean in GA (Guest Post) 02/07/2008

Smart! I will give that a try next time we get ice or snow. Thank you!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Janice C. 18 710 02/08/2008

What a good idea. It sure beats trying to clean those mirrors early in the morning when you have to get to work.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By janet from toronto (Guest Post) 02/16/2008

Thanks so much for this idea. I'm from Toronto, Ontario. I have this problem all the time, but not now, thanks to you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Keeping Side Mirrors Clear of Ice

To keep your side mirrors clear of ice and snow, just cover them with plastic grocery bags and tie the handles. In the morning, just remove and you have clean and clear mirrors.

By lighthouselady