Storing Scarves and Wraps

I have an increasing number of scarves and wraps. What is a good way to store them so they don't get too crushed?

Put them on a hanger in your closet.

Measure the back of a door.

Sew a large piece that fits inside it, leaving lots of space for knob etc. You will have a large rectangle.

Use upolstery fabric as it has some weight and will hang straight. Look for ends and pieces.

Put 3 cup hooks on door , measure them one for each corner and one for the middle.

On the fabric use a grommet maker and put three grommets in the fabric so they will hang on the cup hooks.

Now, that is finished, you go to a fabric store or department and purchase rings, I use wooden rings about 1 1/2 " size or larger as you see fit.

Measure and mark with chalk and stitch the rings to the fabric, I put them 6 inches apart up and down and across.

Now you thread your scarves through the rings and when you need one you just pull it out and when finished, push it back through the ring. good luck

They make a really cool big hanger with lots of holes in it just to hold scarves. I bet you could find one at Bed, Bath and Beyond or in one of the junk catalogs like Carol Wright, Harriet Carter or Miles Kimball. Good luck!

I organize by color, fold in half and use pants hangers to hold them.

Green Scarf
Organizing Scarves
Organizing ClothingSeptember 6, 2005
Recycle Sweaters into Scarves
Recycling Sweaters into Scarves
Pillows covered with scarves.
Craft Uses for Old Scarves
Applying Nail Wraps
Applying Nail Wraps
Antipasto Wrap
Antipasto Wrap Recipes