Use Bath Soap For Hand Soap

Several years ago after getting a dog I noticed how much liquid hand soap I was using. It was getting really expensive so I knew I would have to think of some frugal way to have an easy way to wash my hands many times a day.

One day, while shopping at my local discount market, I noticed how inexpensive large bottles of liquid bath soap was; it was much cheaper than the small bottles of handsoap. I thought I would see how it was for washing hands and it is great!

My only problem was that the plastic 'straw' inside the pump was quite thick and I used more than I needed each time I pumped the soap. Well, to solve this problem I simple took a regular drinking straw and cut it the length of the container and placed it inside the one that came with the container. Now, I get less soap coming out each time I pump the liquid out and it has become even more economical. Hope this will help all of you 'frugal' gals!

By Lisa from Thessaloniki, Greece

To make it go even futher, I put 1/3 soap

then fill the bottle with water. Works great.

what a great savingd. J.B.

Oh, I miss read your note. I use cheap shampoo.

works for us, try it. J.B.

I haven't bought hand or bath soap in a while! I use shampoo for bath soap and dish washing liquid for hand soap! It's all the same, right?

I also use the liquid bath soap for shampoo. I get a rash with many soaps and shampoos so I have to be careful. If I find a shower soap I can use I just go head to toe with it and it works fine

I use cheap bubble bath from Wal-mart as hand soap. They have a lot of different fragrances and they all smell so good.

I have been doing this for a long time now. The first time, I bought two gigantic bottles on clearence at the market, they lasted ages. Now, I get a big bottle of bubble bath at the Dollar Tree & it works great.

Trish in CT

Another money saving soap idea. When your bar soaps getdown to slivers, grate them. Put the soap shavings in a bowl by the sink. Just get a pinch of soap before wetting your hands.

A person washing their hands with soap.
Saving Money on Hand Soap
Better Living Frugal Living TipsAugust 7, 2007
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Bar of Soap
Making Liquid Soap from Bars of Soap
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
🎉
🎄