ProductsCleaning
To Top

Warning: Old Aerosols Can Leak

contest winner icon

My husband and I were having a perfectly good evening, when we heard a strange pop. We couldn't figure it out, looked around, everything seemed okay.

Ad

I stayed up late that night watching documentaries, then fell asleep. When I woke up in the night, I had a strange taste in my mouth like gasoline, kerosine, lacquer, or shellac. I didn't know what it was, and I fell back to sleep right away.

My husband woke up, and immediately smelled something like paint thinner. He saw me sleeping, and immediately starting clearing things out, I awoke. We opened all the windows and started running a fan. I felt weak all day. Later, I called the Poison Control Center. A lady asked me about "huffing," and I said I heard of that, but this was not the case. I gave our age, and zipcode.

Since then I've warned all my relatives, and I want to warn you; that an aerosol can, can and will somehow come loose, rust, and it can cause all kinds of trouble!

I've not done anything wrong, but I slept while an aerosol can leaked. It was horribly bad! Don't let this happen to you! Because of what happened to me, and how sleepy I became, I want a real warning out there for everyone!

I want everyone to check their aerosol cans, on a regular basis; often, every couple months or so, because I don't want this happening to you!

By Carol L. from SouthBend, IN

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

October 13, 20110 found this helpful

I lady I know had a fire in her kitchen from a furniture polish kept under her sink. It got wet on the bottom and rusted, then exploded.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Ad

October 13, 20110 found this helpful

I know a lady who had a kitchen fire from a furniture polish she kept under her sink. It got wet on the bottom and rusted, then exploded and started a fire.

Thank you for your warning, too.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
October 13, 20110 found this helpful

What sort of product was in the can that leaked or popped on its own?

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
October 13, 20110 found this helpful

This is true. We had a shaving cream can explode in the bathroom cupboard. Good thing the door was closed. The inside looked like it was full of whipped cream. Doesn't matter what is inside the cans. If they are old or rusted get rid of them. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the reminder, You did a good deed today.

GG Vi

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Ad

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Categories
Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsOctober 13, 2011
Guides
Covering an Old Stove-pipe Hole
Covering an Old Stove-pipe Hole
Oil Leaked onto Concrete Floor
Locating an Oil Leak
Bucket catching leak.
Cleaning Up a Water Leak in Basement
Above Ground Pool in Backyard
Finding a Leak in an Above Ground Pool
More
📓
Back to School Ideas!
😎
Summer Ideas!
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Contests!
Newsletters
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Categories
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/08/15 11:08:23 in 900 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!