I stayed up late that night watching documentaries, then fell asleep. When I woke up in the night, I had a strange taste in my mouth like gasoline, kerosine, lacquer, or shellac. I didn't know what it was, and I fell back to sleep right away.
My husband woke up, and immediately smelled something like paint thinner. He saw me sleeping, and immediately starting clearing things out, I awoke. We opened all the windows and started running a fan. I felt weak all day. Later, I called the Poison Control Center. A lady asked me about "huffing," and I said I heard of that, but this was not the case. I gave our age, and zipcode.
Since then I've warned all my relatives, and I want to warn you; that an aerosol can, can and will somehow come loose, rust, and it can cause all kinds of trouble!
I've not done anything wrong, but I slept while an aerosol can leaked. It was horribly bad! Don't let this happen to you! Because of what happened to me, and how sleepy I became, I want a real warning out there for everyone!
I want everyone to check their aerosol cans, on a regular basis; often, every couple months or so, because I don't want this happening to you!
By Carol L. from SouthBend, IN
Read feedback for this post below. Click here to post feedback.
This is true. We had a shaving cream can explode in the bathroom cupboard. Good thing the door was closed. The inside looked like it was full of whipped cream. Doesn't matter what is inside the cans. If they are old or rusted get rid of them. Better safe than sorry.
Thanks for the reminder, You did a good deed today.
I know a lady who had a kitchen fire from a furniture polish she kept under her sink. It got wet on the bottom and rusted, then exploded and started a fire.
Thank you for your warning, too.
I lady I know had a fire in her kitchen from a furniture polish kept under her sink. It got wet on the bottom and rusted, then exploded.
Add your voice to the conversation.