Save Pepperoni from Sale Pizzas

When pizzas go on sale and I stock up, I always buy pepperoni. The kids only like cheese pizza though, so I've started plucking off the pepperonis and saving them. On sale, cheese or pepperoni pizza cost the same but this gives me "free" ingredients for our "everything pizzas" I make from scratch.

By Melanie from IL

Yes, it does appear that frozens pizzas with toppings are no more money than plain cheese ones. I never even thought to remove the pepperoni and use for another purpose. Great idea! Also my husband and I prefer toppings but our children prefer plain cheese...so I could always remove half of the pepperoni and have a half & half pizza but still have the pepperoni for something else. Great tip!

good idea !

sounds a little bit like myself --

i sometimes get a hamburger at the drive thru & wait until I get to the window & have it paid for before i ask for onions -- so what happens is - they bring me what seems like 1/4 cup of minced onion in a drink cup with a lid on it !

I either freeze it or toss it in the "everything soup" :)

i do the same thing with the catsup !

& i funnel it into the bottle

:)

i am a doozy like that :)

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cheap MealsMay 1, 2007
Homemade Pepperoni
Homemade Pepperoni Recipe
Pepperoni Slices
Removing Excess Grease From Pepperoni
Furniture Being Sold at Estate Sale
Having an Estate Sale
garage sale
Preparing for a Garage Sale
🎄