Use Soup Bases Instead of Bouillon

Bouillon cubes are basically flavored squares of salt, whereas the paste bases are not as high in salt, and impart a much better flavor. You only use one or two tablespoons and the bases come in beef, chicken, mushroom, lobster, etc.. You can find them in the soup aisle, usually on the top shelf in small jars. You'll notice a big difference in flavor!

Source: Heather McPherson, Orlando Sentinel

By av8rs3 from Eustis, FL

I never use bouillon anymore, I really like the "Better than Bouillon" brand. I tried the McCormick Beef Base, but I didn't think it looked or smelled as nice as the "Better Than Bouillon". I will sometimes add a spoonful to anything I'm cooking to add a little extra flavor.

Amen, to Better than Bouillon. I have a mini collection of many flavors. The clam makes excellent clam chowder. All of them are wonderful and of course I try to get several when they go on sale.

I found (through experience) that "Better Than Bouillon" is the best. They make low salt chicken and it is good. Hard to find though, only one supermarket chain carries it in my location. It is not near to me so I buy 3 or 4 at a time.

A pot of homemade bean with bacon soup
Making Homemade Soup and Stock
Food and Recipes Food Tips SoupSeptember 15, 2009
Onion Soup
Dry Onion Soup Mix Recipes
Frozen Bouillon
Homemade Frozen Bouillon Cubes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
chicken broth
Substituting Bouillon Cubes with Bouillon Granules
🎉
🎄