AdviceBeauty

Daughter Shaved Her Face

My daughter shaved her face! What do I do now?

By Cats4kids from Baltimore, MD

Don't worry, she will be fine.

How old is your daughter? When I have problems with any kind of hair problem I usually sugar. Here is the recipe for the homemade nads formula which is 24 dollars a jar.

You use a sock or a piece of cotton to rub on and then press a little and then rip against the hair growth. I don't suspect there to be any problems for your daughter but if she ever needs to get rid of hair, then this is a good non toxic formula.

Body Sugaring for Hair Removal

I once, many years ago, bought a half jar of NADS hair body sugaring product. It is non-toxic, edible, and it is great! That was over 20 years ago, now it is so expensive - $24.00. Here is a version I make for next to nothing just for my eyebrows. It doesn't even realy hurt so pull the sock off really fast!

5 or 6 packets sugar

1 tsp. lemon juice

1/3 of a 1/4 cup measure of honey

A drizzle of molasses if you have it

Directions:

Heat for one minute or less in Microwave until bubbly, allow to cool for a bit, then place in fridge to cool off quicker.

When thick, get a popsicle stick and apply to hair you want gone under eyebrow or on the face...

. Put a sock or handkerchief on it. Rub three times then rip off quickly. Pull off against direction of hair growth for best results. If this doesnt grab any hair, it is not quite ready to use, or else is too warm. I have noticed in the winter with the heat on it helps to put it in the fridge to cool off.

You may have to practice making this several times but eventually it will be easy to make.

From Pioneer Thinking

Robyn

Nothing. Shaving has nothing to do with hair growth. She does'nt have the male producing genes for facial hair. You are believing the myth that shaving induces hair growth. Not true.

Don't worry about it. Women don't talk about it, but I know at least four that shave their face regularly. It exfoliates the skin, so I hear. That being said the girls I know that do it only have that soft peach fuzzy face hair and no stubby re-growth. If it is thick enough for big time stubbs then I'd go with the other feedback posts. ...Gosh your story reminds me of the time I shaved a hole in my eyebrow...ahhhh eight grade. You'll laugh about this in about a month.

If she is a child do nothing but keep the razor away from her. If she is an adult or teen leave her alone. It's her face. If she has a problem with facial hair it can be a sign of tumor on the pituitary gland. Take her to a doctor.

I shave my face quite often. It is a great exfoliate & leaves my face feeling like I just had a chemical peel. Once I shave, I slather on a good moisturizer. I might need to mention that I only shave the areas of the face that a man shaves.....