Use Hair Spray To Remove Permanent Marker

As soon as possible, spray the mark liberally with hair-spray. Allow to sit for one minute then rinse in clear warm water. If some stain remains, repeat, until all stain is removed and then launder as usual. A friend of mine suggested this to me and it works great!

By Sparkles from Central, OH

I've just tried it on my pricey raincoat made of 100% polyamide. It worked pretty good. I can barely see the stain now. Half way through, I started to spray on both sides of the fabric. The only drawback is that it had took me almost an hour to accomplish this.

I tried hairspray on permanent market on my white linen trousers and nothing. Used stain devil and nothing or with acetone. Tried bleach and it slowly faded away took about 10 minutes. Kept and eye on it as I didn't want it turning yellow on the off chance I forgot they were soaking.

You all are liars! I tried both soap and hairspray on metallic sharpie and it didn't do anything! A metallic sharpie decided to explode all over my Harley Quinn shirt that I WAS gonna wear for Halloween but now I can't because it's ruined.

Try isopropyl alcohol, also called rubbing alcohol. The reason the hairspray or hand sanitizer sometimes works for removing ink is because of the alcohol content.

I was able to get a name written in black Sharpie off of a school backpack with rubbing alcohol. It took some time and the alcohol did take off some of the backpack's original color. Good luck!

Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 22, 2008
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl
Blue Jeans
Removing Permanent Marker on Jeans
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic