Getting Rid of Brambles

How can I get rid of brambles? I have tried shop bought sprays but they don't seem to do much. Any ideas?

By Bejay1066 from UK

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Pour gas on them or spray with roundup, good luck.

If you are referring to blackberries with thorns (like I have in Washington State in the US), the best bet is a goat. I know it sounds funny but people here rent out their goats (or a friend may just lend one) to folks to get rid of brambles and "pricker bushes". It seems the little darlings love to eat them!

Worth a look around for someone with a hungry goat.

Cheers,

Julia from Woodinville, WA, US

(My husband is an ex-pat from the UK.)

We have thorny bushes here in NJ. They pop up everywhere in my yard! Most times hubby just cuts them down except where they provide a bit of privacy from our neighbor. I was thinking of trying something that I have recently read as a natural weedkiller to see if it works: spraying it with white vinegar. But take care as the vinegar will kill grass and other plants so spray only what you wish to be rid of. It is a inexpensive thing to try first.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceApril 20, 2009
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:34:43 PM on 10.0.0.179 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.