Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Oklahoma Pet Laws and Information

What are OK laws pertaining to owing/possessing a full-blood wolf dog? Is this legal? If not, what percent is legal?

Thank you.
K. M.

By Kelli from Cleveland, OK

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By ed robertson05/06/2010

Irregardless of what percent is "legal", there is no approved rabies vaccine for part wolf animals. The only problem is that if they bite a human or other animal they have to be quarantined for a lengthy period which is usually prohibitively expensive. Such animals are frequently euthanized for financial reasons. Get information from your state veterinarian.

By Lisa [2]05/06/2010

Kelli -- you should be able to look up the number for Animal Control where you live. Or, toward the front of the phone book, they have emergency numbers AND non-emergency numbers. Whoever answers the non-emergency number should be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm in central Oklahoma. One year at Second Chance's Dog Day in the Park (in Norman), I saw someone bring around a dog that was part wolf. I don't know if it was legal or not, but it was an intimidating creature, and got a lot of the other dogs up in a stir. I'm glad you're checking.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Oklahoma Pet Laws and Information

I need Oklahoma pet laws and information, I going to move there and need to know if there are restrictions on parrots. How many dogs can you own? About how much do licenses cost? Do you have to license a cat? Any other info you think would help.

Thanks.
Karen from Bakersfield, CA

RE: Oklahoma Pet Laws and Information

You should be able to go online to the state of Oklahoma and look under ordinances or licenses. (05/11/2006)

By Sandy

RE: Oklahoma Pet Laws and Information

The best place to find that info would be to find the Animal Control office for that town. If you search online they may have a website. The local animal control officer has to be up to date on regulations and town bylaws so they should be able to answer any questions you have. (05/16/2006)

By Cheryl