What is this bug? (Silverfish)

I found one in the kitchen and I found one in the bathroom of my new place.

This is a small, simple looking, long bug with small feet that are not very prominent. It is dark gray on the top, and on its underside, it's white. It does not appear to have wings or any really noticeable features.

What's odd about it is that is sort of waves or wiggles when it moves, rather than scuttling like a normal bug.

What is this bug? Why is it here, how big of a problem is it, and how would I get rid of them?

Yasmin

i'm not sure on the real name but we call them pill bug when you touch them they roll up in a ball and look like a pill

I know what you mean. They are not those, but thanks...

They are smaller, more narrow, and they definitely "swim" rather than walk across the floor!

It might be silverfish--I find those in my house every now and then:

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/silver.html

Eekkkk, maybe if you put the bug in a plastic bag and bring down to Home Depot or a garden nursery near you they may be able to help you identify the critter! Good Luck.

sounds just like silverfish which come in various sizes but remember they will bite - actually sting worse than a wasp. i have found them to come out at night and will crawl into beds. i had orkin come out and they told me. i now have them coming to the home every month due to the environment i live in - droughts/heavy rains at times which bring in various types of critters. silverfish are not bad for the home but can be dangerous to children!! you nev er want to see or hear your child get bite by anything. i have not had it happen yet but you never know.

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsSeptember 8, 2005
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Ladybug on a blade of grass
Lady Bug Photos and Information
lady bug cupcakes
Bug Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Silverfish on White Background
Getting Rid of Silverfish
🎉
🎄