Easy Floor Cleaner

Mix 1 cup white vinegar with 2 gallons hot water. For greasy floors, add 1/4 cup washing soda and 1 tablespoon vegetable-oil-based soap to the above mixture.

By Kathy

In your floor cleaning solution is washing soda baking soda?

Thanks

Hi,

Washing Soda is sodium carbonate and Baking Soda is sodium bicarbonate. They are different compounds. You can find Washing Soda in the laundry section of the grocery store. If you can't find any, (it is usually readily available) baking soda can be used but it really doesn't work as well for some uses. NEVER use Washing Soda for baking or food.

We built a new home (5) years ago & the vinyl floor manufacturer suggested that we only use vinegar & water to clean them, NOTHING ELSE!

I bought one of the Ready Mops. I really like how easy it is to clean the floors especially with the spray attachment. However I plan to refill the bottle with vinegar and water. Also I don't use the disposible pads. I purchased a large bags of washclothes from the automotive section of a large warehouse type store for very little money. I use those instead of the pads. I never liked the pads because they're expensive and I never feel like one pad does the job adequately. With the washclothes I simply replace as needed then toss them all in the wash. It does help to dampen the clothe first before spraying. I use a dry one to dry the floor.

Also have the "horror" of laminate floors. Nothing I have tried brings acceptable results. Using those "Swifter Sweeper" type mops do a "fair" job between wet moppings. Discovered that an old tee shirt sleeve fits perfect over the mop edge. I cut up old T's for cleaning cloths- you can't get used diapers anymore - everyone uses Pampers!

Free-plentiful and wash up great!

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsNovember 24, 2004
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
sweeping a floor
Floor Sweeping Tips
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄