Homemade Face Moisturizer

• 2 Tbsp. plain whole yogurt
  • 1 tsp. of honey
  • 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1,000 mg. vitamin E capsule

Put yogurt, honey and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well. Poke a hole or cut tip off vitamin E capsule and pour over yogurt mixture, mix well. Wash your face and pat dry, smooth the mixture on your face and neck. Leave on for 15-30 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat your face dry. Enjoy

By Birthaleen from Burbank, CA

Sounds like a good idea. I'm going to give it a try.

The oil in a Vitamin E capsule is very concentrated and may cause an allergic reaction when placed directly on the skin. The capsule is made in a concentration to be absorbed from ingestion and not placed directly on the skin. I would suggest going to your local health food store and buying Vitamin E oil for the skin and using that instead of the oil from a capsule to be on the safe side. I've used the oil from a capsule and have never had any problems. Your homemade recipe sounds great -I'm going to give it a try using a capsule.

I'm 16 and it sounds great 4 me, I will try it! THANKS

Re the post concerning more concentration in the ingestible capsule than in the topical Vitamin E:

That links to one of the many manufacturers/distributors of Vitamin E and basically states there's no difference between the two ( except, perhaps--the priciness of the topical prep at a health-food store).

They're both concentrated and can both interact with anything internally or topically containing mineral oil; any cream, lotion or oil containing Vitamin E in any form may cause contact dermatitis ( a simple rash) for those prone to skin allergies. As with any new skin product or cosmetic, if you know you're prone to break out, test a tiny bit of it on the inside of your wrist before applying further; if it reacts, flood with cool water for at least ten minutes and apply cortisone cream.

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FaceSeptember 25, 2007
Girl having her face painted.
Homemade Face Paint Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Bottle of olive oil with olive branch in the foreground.
Using Olive Oil as a Moisturizer
Woman putting moisturizer on her hands.
Removing Moisturizer Stains from Clothing