Removing Moisturizer Stains from Clothing

It is fairly easy to accidentally get moisturizer on our clothing. This is a page about removing moisturizer stains from clothing.

My grandchild has to use Eucerin Cream all over every day for his skin condition. Washing is impossible and we've tried so many degreasers, but the fat from the cream clogs the machine. Any advice about what we can soak his clothes in? He's five months old. The fat just floats around the bucket and machine and clogs everything up.

Answers

I would try Blue Dawn to break up the grease.

Anonymous

I also recommend blue Dawn. You could also try using plain white vinegar in the wash and letting the items soak for a few minutes before starting the wash cycle.

Blue Dawn dish detergent will remove most grease if you soak the clothes in warm water and 1/4 cup detergent. I have to use 2 different greasy creams for my skin problems, and this works for me.

Since these are baby clothes, I would soak in a bucket, and pour out the water in the yard. Then wash clothes in the machine as usual.

I accidentally washed a new pair of capris with a small .30 oz size of Burt's Bee's hand salve. The salve has sweet almond oil, olive oil, beeswax, vitamin E, lavendin oil, and eucalyptus oil in it. The capris are 97% cotton and 3% spandex. I dried the pants in the dryer on permanent press. When I pulled them out I noticed splotches on one of the pockets where the hand salve had been; it was empty. How do I remove this stain? Thanks.

By Dianne

Answers

If you have Murphy's oil soap (hardware store), use that and really hot water, rinse well and repeat. When I worked in a factory we used the orange hand cleaner smeared on clothes and washed as soon as got home for oil spills, ink and other messes. I did same thing last week to blue jeans

Chemist told me once (like dissolves like). Luckily beeswax has low melting point so will come most of way out, but use plenty of rinse water (hot) so you do not re-deposit it back on clothes.

I would try to treat the spot with Dawn dishwasher detergent and rub it in with a tooth brush. Let air dry and launder as usual. Before you run through the dryer, let air dry again and see if the spot is still there. If so, treat with the Dawn again. I've had a tube of chapstick open up and leave spots that look like grease marks all over my clothes, and I don't notice until after I remove them from the dryer. Usually one or two treatments with the Dawn (a grease-cutter) works. I've even gone so far as to use the Dawn, followed by a good long soak (2 or 3 days) in a solution of OxyClean. Good luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 21, 2014
🎂
🌻
📓