Dating My Food in Storage

I have started to date my foods that I put into storage; into the fridge, into the freezer, and into the pantry, my leftovers, everything!

An easy way to do this is keep a dispenser of scotch tape and a sharpie handy. If you don't want to write on the carton (because you're going to use it again at another time or it won't take the pen), just put a piece of scotch tape on the package and write on it.

I do this with perishables as well as staples. I buy most of my staples in bulk, and keep them in an outside fridge. It's easy to read, and keeps me circulating my stuff, and I don't have to worry about how I'm going to get the writing off storage containers that I reuse over and over again.

I put these removable labels on the tops, the sides, wherever I need them.

I'm not the best organizer and this has greatly helped me.

By Wondernana from Clovis, CA

We date all our food storage at work and have found that masking tape is much easier to remove from the plastic containers. Masking tape is very cheap at the dollar stores.

Freezer tape works the best, you can purchase it in the canning jar section of your supermarket. It looks like masking tape but is much easier to remove and holds up to even the dishwasher.

I put cheaper zipper bags inside good sturdy ones that are thicker. Then inside each layer, a paper with the information I need. This saves purchasing tape, and you don't have to worry about washing the cheaper ones. Most can be tossed as they are less than .03 each. If they can be washed, I do, but this system works for me.

Pasta in Glass Jars
Pantry Food Storage
Food and Recipes StorageAugust 21, 2009
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Online Dating Tips
Online Dating Tips
Reusing a Salt Container Spout
Reusing a Salt Container Spout
Plastic milk bottle with an expiration date on it.
Keeping Track of Food Expiration Dates
🎉
🎄