Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Frog Repellents

How do you get rid of frogs?

Verna from Upper Marlboro, MD

By

By Palmera Junior06/14/2011

I work for a pest control company on Colombia. We use a special preparation based on creosote to repel snakes, and it seems to work fine with frogs too. In Colombia, frogs and snakes are protected species, so we use mechanisms that while they keep frogs and snakes away they cause no harm since the substance is applied inside a special container (1/2" PVC pipe with small holes, mounted on brackets placed on the ground) that lets the smell out but does not allow contact of any animal with the substance (it can be very toxic). We use it successfully to keep frogs and snakes away in many of our industrial clients facilities.

03/17/2011

As to why anyone would want to get rid of frogs, if you had baby Koi fish in your pond you would understand. Frogs are devastating to baby fish ( they eat fish that are up to 6 inches long). They have eaten many of my babies, and I, too, would like to know the best way to repel them... Sue in OR

By Morgan02/21/2009

There is a solution! A new invention that allows frogs to escape from dying in inground pools. It is called the Critter Skimmer, and it is a ramp that is attatched to the skimmer cover that allows them to crawl out of the pool. It really works. All inground pools are designed to push everything into the skimmer, so the frogs will always find their way out.

Just replace your existing skimmer cover with the critter skimmer and no more dead frogs! It's amazing. I haven't seen a dead frog in my pool since.

go to www.critterskimmer.com

By Morgan (Guest Post)02/21/2009

There is a solution! A new invention that allows frogs to escape from dying in in ground pools. It is called the Critter Skimmer, and it is a ramp that is attached to the skimmer cover that allows them to crawl out of the pool. It really works. All in ground pools are designed to push everything into the skimmer, so the frogs will always find their way out.

Just replace your existing skimmer cover with the critter skimmer and no more dead frogs! It's amazing. I haven't seen a dead frog in my pool since. Go to www.critterskimmer.com

By michelle, port st lucie,fl (Guest Post)08/28/2008

Eating bugs is great and all but I just had my dog sniff a huge one. the foaming of the mouth has subsided. Just found frog repellent on the net: I will be buying!
http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page2228.html

By Ed (Guest Post)08/23/2008

I have a Bad Problem with these little creatures in my yard at night. It sounds like there are hundreds of them Croaking! And they do it almost ALL night! I need a way to get rid of them. Any suggestions? Thanks

By (Guest Post)08/02/2008

My dog keeps getting a hold of them and it's gross

By Frogger (Guest Post)07/24/2008

Help. I need a frog repellent. I understand they eat insects. But the ones near my apt jump down into my patio area and then can't jump high enough to set themselves free. Twice a day I am cleaning off frogs from my patio. Will they get the hint if I stop rescuing them?

By vicki06/27/2008

I FEEL YOUR PAIN. WE JUST MOVED INTO A HOME WITH A SMALL INGROUND POOL AND EACH AND EVERY EVENING AT LEAST 3 OR 4 FROGS JUMP IN FOR A SWIM AND ARE FOUND DEAD IN THE MORNING. I KNOW FROGS ARE GOOD AND WANT TO KEEP THEM AROUND FOR BUG EATERS, BUT AM AT A LOSS AS TO WHAT TO DO TO KEEP THEM OUT OF OUR POOL. ANY SUGGETIONS WOULD BE WELCOME. THANKS.

By Susan [3]04/04/2008

I have the same type of frog problem since Hurricane Charlie blew through. They make horrible messes on my windows and the front porch. One evening I came home late and there were over 40 frogs on my garage door. I couldn't get out of my car because those sneaky little buggers NEVER jump the way you expect, and always land on ME! YUCK.

I turned off my outside lights over a year ago to get them to go away, but some of the little die-hards are persistent, I've ordered poison hemlock to grow in a pot on my front porch to see if that will take care of the stubborn survivors.

I can't see why they are in your attic though unless there is a moisture problem there that you should take care of right away.

By margaret (Guest Post)12/18/2007

A frog fell out of my kitchen recessed light and landed on my shoulder. Freaked me out. My home is only 4 years old and I have frogs in the
attic. My landscape company keeps the palm trees trimmed back. Had roof vents closed off. I think frogs are good outside but not in my attic, or falling out of the recessed lighting. How do I rid my attic of these frogs?
Terminix, my pest control company said "we don't do frogs"
Any suggestions or help out there?

By Lindsey (Guest Post)10/27/2007

Toads are nasty and they make a disgusting mess on the patio and around the house. I'm tired of cleaning up after them!

By Lei (Guest Post)10/05/2007

Hello, has anyone ever seen a pastel stucco house where frogs and toads love to live and eat mosquitos and other bugs? Guess not or no one would ask "why would you want to get rid of them"?
FROG POOP STAINS, STINKS AND IS SO ------- ATTRACTIVE - LOVE THOSE DARLING AMPHIBIANS!

By Bonnie Prather [3]05/03/2007

PLESE do not kill any frogs! With west nile virus and other mosquito borne illness at a rise, and a severe decline to the number of frogs, we need to keep the ones that we have! They eat the "bad bugs" in our gardens and lawns.

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel [9]05/03/2007

Frogs are attracted to insects, light that attracts insects, and water. One good thing is they are eating the insects but turning off outdoor lights will help them to go elsewhere.

Also if there is any open water nearby or ponds in your yard that is also attracting them. Because frogs are dying off at an alarming rate, I'd hate to see you killing them, we will be in real trouble without them. They are great for insect control.

Look around and see if there is anything you can do to make you house less attractive to them.

Susan from ThriftyFun

By Diana (Guest Post)05/03/2007

Let HIS People GO! it worked for Pharoah! LOL

By rosa (Guest Post)05/02/2007

Why in the world would you want to get rid of these natural insect eaters ? Keep them, and you will be bug free !

By teresa (Guest Post)05/02/2007

curious, why do you want to get rid of frogs? i try to get MORE in my yard! they eat mosquitos.

By debbie in sc (Guest Post)05/02/2007

are they frogs or toads? i've heard that having both in your yard is a sign of a healthy lawn. plus, they eat lots of bugs every day.