Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cooking When the Power Goes Out

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
power outage kitchen

Inclement weather often results in power outages. One inconvenience of the loss of power is that cooking may be impossible. This is a guide about cooking when the power goes out.

Solutions: Cooking When the Power Goes Out

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Can Cooking on the Deadwood Stove

Can Cooking on the Deadwood StoveSave your valuable cooking fuel for winter or emergencies. I saw Polish sausage marked down today to $1 each (from over $3.50) so got one and can cooked it with a pack of beef wieners with a few drops of Worcestershire sauce. Because the can cooker is so tightly sealed, you don't even need to add Hickory chips. It flavors itself from whatever's inside.

I soaped the bottom and was getting a whole lot of smoke so tossed in a handfull of 4 or 5 black walnuts so the smoke smelled a little better. I wouldn't have had to but . . .

I will use it again soon.Something a little more like roast, corn on the cob, little carrots, potatoes and maybe some bell pepper with some BBQ sauce. It's going to be good.

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Cooking When the Power Goes Out.

Question: Cooking When the Power Goes Out

I am moving into a home thats total electric which means my stove is electric. Any advice on what I could use as an alternative to the stove for cooking if the electric is out during inclement weather?

Onesummer from GA

Most Recent Answer

By k w (Guest Post)02/07/2009

I always keep something to make sandwiches with in case the lights go out & a gas cooker out side to fry fish with. It can also be used when lights are out, good luck.