Cooking When the Power Goes Out

Inclement weather often results in power outages. One inconvenience of the loss of power is that cooking may be impossible. This is a guide about cooking when the power goes out.

power outage kitchen
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I am moving into a home thats total electric which means my stove is electric. Any advice on what I could use as an alternative to the stove for cooking if the electric is out during inclement weather?

Onesummer from GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I always keep something to make sandwiches with in case the lights go out & a gas cooker out side to fry fish with. It can also be used when lights are out, good luck.

Read More Answers...

Save your valuable cooking fuel for winter or emergencies. I saw Polish sausage marked down today to $1 each (from over $3.50) so got one and can cooked it with a pack of beef wieners with a few drops of Worcestershire sauce.

Can Cooking on the Deadwood Stove

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Emergency Power OutageMay 9, 2013
Coconuts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
flashlight in the dark
Emergency Lighting for Power Outages
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 2:01:58 AM on 10.0.2.238 in 630 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.