Browsing: Cleaning Foggy or Hazy Headlights

Foggy (Or Hazy) Windows in Car

Does anyone else have a problem with the inside of your windshield fogging up? It almost looks like a haze. Turning on the defroster does not help. I've tried water and ammonia. That works for a few days, then it's back again. Maybe I put too much water or ammonia in the bottle.

TIA,
Angie

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try using White Vinegar on a clean towel. Pour a good amount on the towel and wipe it into the window. After you wipe it in, Take another clean towel and wipe the vinegar off. This works. I have tried it many times before. After you are finished, you may want to leave your windows open so the smell of the vinegar will disappear

I had this problem also. Regular window cleaner did not completely take care of it, either. I went to an auto supply store and got some Armour (I think) car window spray cleaner (NOT the kind in a gallon jug you put in the reservoir) and it worked great! Eventually you have to clean it again, even if you are careful not to touch your windows, because of the outgassing of the materials that make up the interior of your car, along with normal dust and dirt.

that haze is from the dashboard letting off gasses. I use to think it was from my hubby smoking. putting a shield over the window to keep the dashboard cooler in the summer might be helpful in not having to clean it so often. not sure as we moved to a cooler climate. Good luck!

I read somewhere to rub a bar of soap over the inside of your car windows, and we tried that last fall and winter, and it did seem to work. of course, it does need to be re-done every few weeks.

My grandfather (who was a lifetime mechanic) taught me how to keep my windows from fogging up. When you turn on your defogger, make sure you have it set on "outside air" or fresh air.. not the setting where the air is just recycling around the inside. And make sure it is set on warm..not too hot or cold.

Did you check your heater core? If it's leaking it will put a haze all over your windshield that is hard to get off.

Angie, Your not alone, I have a 07 Acura TL that I am meticulous about, I have tried every window cleaner on the market as well as making my own and still a day after cleaning my glass it looks like I cleaned with Crisco oil. I think this is caused by gases being released inside the car from the dash and upholstery. I'm checking this and other sites for a solution if I come up with one I will post it.

Hi folks, I bought a used 2002 Montana in December when it was very cold. Windows fogged up so much I couldn't see out the side windows at all. No smell of coolant. After spending many hours of investigation, I finally discovered the problem. In the back of the glove box there is a compartment which contains air filters. I removed the air filters and looking inside with a flashlight I saw in the very back, a little higher on the firewall, a plastic door which was shut. I gently opened it. Now fresh air gets in and NO more FOG. I hope I just saved you some time so you can spend it with your family. -Andy

amolter2002 AT yahoo.com.

Hazy Headlights on VW Rabbit
Cleaning Foggy or Hazy Headlights
Consumer Advice Cars AdviceSeptember 12, 2004
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 11:11:26 PM on 10.0.1.149 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.