Frugal Laundry Detergent

I learned on the internet how to make my own washing powders and have been doing this for two years now. If anybody wants to try this frugal tip, here is my recipe.

I go to Winn-Dixie and buy a box of 20-Mule-Team Borax washing powder and a box or Arm and Hammer washing powder. Next I go to Save A Lot and buy a bar of Zote bathing soap. Use 8 cups of each powder and grate-up the bar of soap, like cheese.

Next you mix it all in your food processor or blender in batches. Store in 2 plastic coffee containers with lids on top. Use 4 Tbsp. per load of laundry.

Softens, cleans, child safe, septic safe, and you can hang clothes outside all day and they smell so fresh that you want to eat them. Most of Lake City uses this tip and will never go back to other laundry detergents. Enjoy and save lots of money.

By connieb from Lake City, FL

October 18, 2010 Flag

We have not used legitimate, commercially made laundry detergent in our house for over 3 years. We use a Miracle II Laundry Ball, about 1/2 Cup of vinegar and 1/2 Cup of Arm and Hammer washing soda. This combination works wonders at getting clean, fresh-smalling laundry that has not been exposed to petro-chemicals. I have multiple chemical sensitivities and skin problems and this works well for me to avoid problems there. It is also very cheap. For some reason, the vinegar does not work well on dark colors and makes them smell weird, so we don't use the vinegar on dark colored laundry.

By crazyliblady from Pittsburg, KS

Answers:

Frugal Laundry Detergent

Do you use hot water with the vinegar and baking soda? (04/26/2008)

By Bonbon

Frugal Laundry Detergent

What is a Miracle Ball and where can I buy one, please? Also, do you use plain white vinegar?

Thanks!

:) (08/28/2008)

By Smoochie/metroplex

Frugal Laundry Detergent

This is the place I bought it from, but I think you can get them on other websites also.

http://www.miracle2.net/product/product_m2laundryball.asp (01/27/2009)

By crazyliblady

Frugal Laundry Detergent

Oh, yes, we do use plain white vinegar. Generic is fine. Hot, warm, or cool water seem to work fine. (01/27/2009)

By crazyliblady

Better Living Frugal Living TipsOctober 18, 2010
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
A box of laundry detergent
Reusing Laundry Detergent Boxes
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🎉
🎄