Using Wine Bottles in Landscaping as a Border

I saw an article with pictures many years ago in Architectural Digest with cut off wine bottles of all sizes and colors. They were placed upside down, making a row. Has anyone seen this design and can help me to do this on my horseshoe driveway. I have a picture in my mind, but find it hard to put it in the ground. Thanks.

By Texas Judy from Trinidad, TX

Are you sure they were cutoff? When I did mine I left the bottles intact, I used a peace of rebar drove It in the ground about 5 in. rocked it back and forth in all directions and then shoved the wine bottle upside down in that hole than move to the next 1. That was a lot easier than trying to cut off wine bottles, I no longer have that edging throughout the yard and it's only in 1 small area and I just threw a bunch of bottles behind. My only concern would be if someone would drive over them they would definitely break.

I saw a pic of that on this site a while back. I tried to search for it but couldn't find it. It must have been feedback instead of a new topic. They weren't cut off that I recall. They were simply buried upside down, lined up side by side in a row so that the bottoms were all level. It looked pretty neat. You might have more patience searching here than I did.

Tracey in Jacksonville FL

Here is a whole path done in bottles from Garden Web.

http://forums2.  19284312078.html