Using Wine Bottles in Landscaping as a Border

I saw an article with pictures many years ago in Architectural Digest with cut off wine bottles of all sizes and colors. They were placed upside down, making a row. Has anyone seen this design and can help me to do this on my horseshoe driveway. I have a picture in my mind, but find it hard to put it in the ground. Thanks.

By Texas Judy from Trinidad, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Are you sure they were cutoff? When I did mine I left the bottles intact, I used a peace of rebar drove It in the ground about 5 in. rocked it back and forth in all directions and then shoved the wine bottle upside down in that hole than move to the next 1. That was a lot easier than trying to cut off wine bottles, I no longer have that edging throughout the yard and it's only in 1 small area and I just threw a bunch of bottles behind. My only concern would be if someone would drive over them they would definitely break.

I saw a pic of that on this site a while back. I tried to search for it but couldn't find it. It must have been feedback instead of a new topic. They weren't cut off that I recall. They were simply buried upside down, lined up side by side in a row so that the bottoms were all level. It looked pretty neat. You might have more patience searching here than I did.

Tracey in Jacksonville FL

Here is a whole path done in bottles from Garden Web.

http://forums2.  19284312078.html

Craft Uses for Wine Bottles
Crafts Using Wine Bottles
Home and Garden Gardening LandscapingJune 20, 2009
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Three empty green wine bottles against white background
Empty Wine Bottle Gift Ideas
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 8:19:00 AM on 10.0.0.113 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.