Share Crafts

Paper is Stuck to My Iron-on Transfer

I have just done my first iron-on transfer. Some of the paper is stuck to the transfer. What can I do to remove it? Did I try to take it off too soon? I waited until it was just warm to the touch. Or did I wait too long? It was about 3-4 minutes after pressing. It's a small 3x5 inch transfer. I pressed it for about 60 seconds. Thanks for any help.

By Kathy

Best AnswerAnswer this Question

This answer has been rated the best for this question.

By Vicki 24 428 10/11/2011

If the paper is still on there, it didn't "take" just right. The best thing to do is do it again. Put the remaining paper back on there and press it again mainly on the area that did not "take".

If you have thrown it away use a sheet of copy paper or otherwise unlined / uncolored paper. The new modern irons don't get that hot, if you have one, in the future press down a longer time. It sounds to me that you did most everything right, by the way.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Here are questions related to Paper is Stuck to My Iron-on Transfer.

Question: Paper Backing Stuck to Iron on Transfers

How do you remove paper backing stuck on parts of an iron on transfer? The directions did not have this information.

By Angel S.

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Robyn 369 749 11/23/2011

I have never done this but I have found this info.

Here is another one.

Blessings, Robyn

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No