Browsing: Using an Iron-on Transfer

Paper is Stuck to My Iron-on Transfer

I have just done my first iron-on transfer. Some of the paper is stuck to the transfer. What can I do to remove it? Did I try to take it off too soon? I waited until it was just warm to the touch. Or did I wait too long? It was about 3-4 minutes after pressing. It's a small 3x5 inch transfer. I pressed it for about 60 seconds. Thanks for any help.

By Kathy

Answers

Best Answer

If the paper is still on there, it didn't "take" just right. The best thing to do is do it again. Put the remaining paper back on there and press it again mainly on the area that did not "take".

If you have thrown it away use a sheet of copy paper or otherwise unlined / uncolored paper. The new modern irons don't get that hot, if you have one, in the future press down a longer time. It sounds to me that you did most everything right, by the way.

October 15, 2011 Flag

How do you remove paper backing stuck on parts of an iron on transfer? The directions did not have this information.

By Angel S.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have never done this but I have found this info.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110815092348AArejhI

Here is another one.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4671766_remove-iron-transfers.html

Blessings, Robyn

sequin iron-on transfers
Using an Iron-on Transfer
Crafts AdviceOctober 7, 2011
Leather Topped Desk
Removing Paper Stuck to a Leather Topped Desk
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Blue and white clothes iron.
Fixing a Retractable Iron Cord
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 2:03:24 PM on 10.0.2.116 in 759 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.