Keeping Slipcovers on Sofa

I recently put slip covers on my sofas. How do I keep them from slipping or getting messy after sitting on the sofas? It's a pain to adjust them every time someone sits on them. Many Thanks!

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I had the same problem. I took one inch diameter pvc pipe and cut it to the length of the couch. I put the slip cover on and worked the pipe into the back under the top cushion. It seemed to keep the cover in place longer. Try a wooden dowel also.

To save some money, try rolled up newspapers instead of PVC pipe.

Twist pins - available at fabric stores and elsewhere. I'm sitting on a chair that has them now - they've been there to hold on the slip cover for over a year and I sit on this chair every day!

I use the liner that keeps rugs from sliding under my slipcovers. Works like a charm. ~Janette~

Thank you Amber! I have some wooden dowels, so I am going to try your suggestion also. Thanks so much!

Home and Garden Home Improvement FurnitureJanuary 15, 2009
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Reclining Couch
Slipcovers for Reclining Couches
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 8:22:58 AM on 10.0.2.62 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.